I want to live in Cuba...forever !
I want to go to Cuba and live forever in Cuba, with my wife, dog, personal belongings.
Are there any dark-sides? And how much chances do I have to stay overthere?
I don't understand Spanish.
Last summer I stayed in Habana as tourist, alone.
I don't need money, I only need a place to live, a job and food. I can soon lose my job here.
I simple can't live here because of the high cost of living here (to pay rent),
but I know that in Cuba there is practically no rent to pay, and food, transport and medicines are free.
I simply have no alternatives.
What you think about it?
Hi, what you want to do is very difficult. To get a PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA (you can't stay on a tourist visa, its only valid for max 60 days) which is the visa you need for a permanent stay in Cuba you need :
1) To be ( official) married to a Cuban citizen
2) Have a 5000 $ guaranty deposit in a Cuban bank
3) Pass a medical examination
4) Have a permanent place to live (normally the house of your Cuban partner)
5) Proof that you have a min.income from a job, pension, or foreign assets. Don't expect to work in Cuba, all jobs are distributed by the goverment and Cubans have priority. The average Cuban salary is 20$ per month (YES! no error, some Cubans earn 10$)You will need a house, there is a tremendous shortage of housing and a foreigner can not, repeat CAN NOT own Cuban property. If you manage to find a place to live, this appartment will be registered in the name of your Cuban wife or man. Sorry, but you have to think twice : Cubans pay little for some services like housing, food, transport but they earn very little, for a Cuban young man with a wife and child 8 or 10 dollar is NORMAL to Cuban standards. (salaries controlled by the Cuban Government) Note, that a can of beer (33cl) costs 1.25 cuc = 1.25 US dollar. After one day work a Cuban can't buy a beer!!!!!!!!Cuba is a nice country for people who can afford to live on their yacht or in a rented hotel suite. For a foreigner who want to stay in a Casa Particular = official licensed rooms you can rent from a Cuban family, the rent is at least 700 dollar a month(because the Cuban owner has to pay a high tax) If you want to work on the internet, note that the cheapest connection (very slow - dial-up) cost 125 $ per month. Only tourist hotels have a good (??) internet connection at 5$/hour. Cuba is a wonderful country but understand that in Cuba nothing is what it seems to be. There are two currencies but two standards of living too. The difference between living like a Cuban or a tourist is the same as the difference between black and white. GOOD LUCK! and think before you jump! All the best.